Position Title: Recreational Sports: Facilities Coordinator
Department: 3110|Recreational Sports
Reporting to the Assistant
Director of Recreational Sports within the Student Affairs Division, the Facilities
Coordinator is responsible for providing quality recreational sports facilities
and services for university students, faculty and staff members. The job duties
include the following:
- Plan and implement the daily management of the 100,000+ sq. ft. of Recreational sports facilities located in and around
- Assist with the management of outdoor recreational sports complex and
- Assist in recruiting, hiring, training, developing, scheduling, supervising, and evaluating building supervisors, facility assistants, climbing wall and student maintenance staff.
- Manage reservations of facilities by student groups, athletics, and external user groups.
- Work with the Office of Facility Management to facilitate logistics, contracts, insurance, payment, etc.
- Utilize new software system (Fusion/ Innosoft) to create reservations and manage recreational services.
- Provide departmental leadership for risk management and emergency action plan.
- Coordinate custodial, maintenance, and capital projects.
- Coordinate facility and equipment repair and replacement.
- Oversee inventory, maintain equipment and coordinate new purchases.
- Initiate necessary work orders and work requests for facility maintenance and improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Kinesiology, Exercise Science, Physical Education, Recreation or related field from an accredited institution. Masters Degree Preferred.
- 2 Year Graduate Assistantship experience in Recreational Sports demonstrating progressive leadership. Or 1 year of professional experience within Recreational Sports.
- Self-motivated, service oriented and able to work successfully in a college environment.
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision and as a team player.
- Position routinely requires you to be able to lift 50+lbs.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory abilities in Collegiate Recreation environment.
- Administrative skills including strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Experience in Climbing Wall operations is preferred.
- Documented certification(s), AED/CPR and First Aid. Instructor Certification Preferred.
Please attach cover letter, 3 letters of reference , and any relevant certifications.
Job Ad# (req992)